Sunday, August 22, 2010

June 15, 1749 - Starting our canoe trip with PJ Céloron!

The Trip Starts!

Well, today is the start of the big adventure! I have successfully been able to join the expedition led by Pierre Joseph Céloron de Blainville. (“PJ” to all us guys).

While it is somewhat scary knowing I will soon be going into the wilderness, I will not be alone. This expedition consists of 213 French Marines. As a time traveler from the 21st century, I did not realize how tough men were during this era. I have no doubt we can handle any problems from the Indians (or savages are they are called).

We are starting our journey near what is the modern city of Montreal. Of course, during this period of time the city is quite small. And they don’t even have a hockey team!

We will be taking 23 canoes up (west) the St Lawrence River headed to Lake Ontario. I imagine I will be wet most of this trip.



St Lawrence River near Montreal


Our mission is to talk to the various Indian tribes and tell them to stop trading with the British. This land belongs to France, not Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment